Royal Hotel

Constructed in 1903, the historic Royal Hotel served miners, railroad and timber crews, travelers, and ranchers on the Wolcott Stage line. It served a number of other purposes while in operation, including the Yampa Leader newspaper’s headquarters, a hospital during 1919’s flu epidemic when the local hospital could not accommodate the number of patients afflicted, a boarding house for school children during the winter months, a school gymnasium, a drug store, a post office, a family dining room, a general store, an upholstery store, and apartments.