RMS Queen Mary

The Queen Mary began construction in the December of 1930 in Clydebank, Scotland. Due to the Great Depression, work on the ship was ceased in December, 1931. In order to complete the project, Cunard (the construction company) applied for a loan from the British Government. It was approved, and there was enough leftover money that a second ship – the Queen Elizabeth – could be constructed.

USS Sullivan

The USS Sullivan (which is docked at the Buffalo Naval Park) was used in World War II. It was named for the five Sullivan brothers, who died when their cruiser was torpedoed in 1942. They began to haunt the Sullivan shortly after it was mothballed.

USF Constellation

The USF Constellation is the first ship to be in the U.S. Navy as well as the oldest commissioned warship in the world. Built as a frigate in 1797, it was rebuilt in 1853 as a sloop of war. It is now part of the Constellation Center Museum, located on Pier 1.

Wild Goose

The Wild Goose was a yacht that belonged to Hollywood legend John Wayne for over twenty-five years. Only a month before Wayne’s death, he sold it off to make sure that it found the right home. The new owner, Lynn Hutchins, saw the apparition of a tall, smiling man on the boat. It is thought to be the spirit of John Wayne, as he started appearing in August 1979 shortly after his death.

Eliza Battle

The Eliza Battle was a palatial steamboat that sailed on the Tombigee River. It was launched in New Albany, Indiana in 1852. At the time, it was one of the most luxurious riverboats in the state’s waters. President Millard Fillmore was once entertained aboard it during a reception on April 7th, 1854.

Naval Station in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

The ghost of sailors have been seen standing on the pier watching the sea. Many of the living people who visit the pier have heard someone walking on it, despite no one else is physically there. Whenever the watch would yell “stop walking on the pier”, all sounds of walking would cease almost instantly.

James T. Staples Riverboat

The James T. Staples riverboat first set sail in 1908, owned by Captain Norman Staples, the designer of the boat named after his father, James T. Staples. Captain Staples had difficulties owning the boat, however, as a steamboat company wanted to have a monopoly over all Alabaman boats on the river. In December 1912, creditors took control of the ship, and it was turned over to the captain’s competition.