The Linda Vista Community Hospital opened in 1904, and it featured its own miniature “farm” of cows, chickens, and a garden in order to provide the patients with fresh butter, milk, eggs, poultry, fruits, and vegetables. The original building was designed by Charles Whittlesy and opened under the name Santa Fe Coast Lines Hospital. It was razed and rebuilt in 1924, and, in 1937, was renamed the Linda Vista Community Hospital.
Cicero, Kansas was founded some time during the late 1800s, lying just four miles north and two miles east of Wellington, Kansas in Sumner County. Originally, it had two wooden grain elevators, a town hall, around four houses, and a store with a post office. A one-room school house was located 1/2 mile west of Cicero.