The Sacramento City Library (also known as Central Branch) was built in 1918 based on designs by Loring P. Rixford. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 30th, 1992. The library is haunted by an unseen entity. In the Sacramento Room, the sound of shelving moving, books being pulled out, and rustling Mylar have been heard coming from no apparent source. Books have also been known to disappear and reappear from the shelves. The glass doors close by themselves.