Linda Vista Community Hospital

The Linda Vista Community Hospital opened in 1904, and it featured its own miniature “farm” of cows, chickens, and a garden in order to provide the patients with fresh butter, milk, eggs, poultry, fruits, and vegetables. The original building was designed by Charles Whittlesy and opened under the name Santa Fe Coast Lines Hospital. It was razed and rebuilt in 1924, and, in 1937, was renamed the Linda Vista Community Hospital.

The Whaley House

The Whaley House was the residence of Thomas Whaley and his family. It also served as Mr. Whaley’s general store, the second county courthouse in San Diego, and the first commercial theater over the years.