This house belonged to Lizzie Borden’s lawyer during the time of the murders of Mr. and Mrs. Borden. In 1995, a family bought the house and moved in, unaware that it was haunted. Doors would mysteriously open and close, there were odd noises, and the family dog barked at a door that the family had never opened. A month later, the family moved out.
The Lizzie Borden house was built in 1845 as a home for two families, but it was later changed into a single family house. It was purchased by Andrew J. Borden, who had bought it so he could be closer to his bank and downtown businesses.
Visitors of Oak Grove Cemetery have reported seeing lights and hearing screaming coming from the Borden family plot. Many have felt bad feelings in the area as well. The cemetery was built in 1855, and added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 16th, 1983.