The Borley Rectory was built in 1862 near the Borley Church by Reverend Henry Dawson Ellis Bull. A year later, he moved into the house after being named the rector of the parish. The house was built ont he same land as the old rectory that had burned down in 1841. As time went on, the Borley Rectory was enlarged to include an additional wing for Bull’s family of fourteen children.
The Samlesbury Hall was built in 1325 by Gilbert de Southworth, and it was the main home of the Southworth family until the early 15th century. It is rumored that the hall was built to replace an earlier building destroyed by a Scottish raid in 1322. The hall, over the years, has served a number of purposes, such as a public house and a girls boarding school. It has been a tourist attraction since 1925, though, when it was saved from being demolished for its timber. It is believed to be haunted by the ghost of Lady Dorothy Southworth and other members of the Southworth family.
The Woodchester Mansion was built next to the old church. In 1564, George Huntly was granted the manor. He decided to add a deer park, a seven-mile boundary wall around it, and a hunting lodge by 1610. This bankrupted the Huntlys, and the manor was sold to Sir Robert Ducie and his family in 1631. The area around the mansion expanded while he lived there. The mansion has been remodelled several times in the 1770s and 1830s. Now, it is believed that the mansion is haunted by several of the people who lived there.