Environmental Causes

Environmental causes for common paranormal activity

Not everything that we think may be paranormal actually is. Some of the most common forms of environmental causes are listed below in this guide.


Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas that is impossible to taste or smell. Low levels of exposure can cause flu-like symptoms to set in, such as headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea, and fatigue. High levels can prove fatal.

Sources for CO include non-vented space heaters, blocked/leaking chimneys, leaking furnaces, gas water heaters, and automobiles in attached garages. If you find out where the CO is coming from, the area must be evacuated and ventilated. It is a good idea to purchase a carbon monoxide detector to stay safe.


Mold

As long as the right conditions are present, various types of mold can be found just about anywhere. Mold can cause allergies, asthma, and a number of other respiratory problems. Each reaction can vary to each person, but the most common symptoms of mold reactions are nasal congestion, irritated skin and/or eyes, and wheezing.

More severe reactions include fever and shortness of breath. Since mold can grow on just about any surface, it is extremely hard to remove all of it. Mold should never be taken lightly, and experts should be called in to remove it.


Natural Gas

In order for easy detection, gas companies add a rotten egg odor to natural gas. A leak is extremely dangerous, as it is explosive. The static created by walking across carpet has been known to set off an explosion if the house is filled with natural gas. In addition, it can cause CO poisoning. If you should smell gas, evacuate and call the gas company.


Ozone

Ozone is a colorless gas that protects Earth from dangerous solar radiation. It is beneficial to the atmosphere, but it is dangerous in occupied areas. Exposure to the gas can lead to respiratory problems such as throat irritation, coughing, chest pain, and shortness of breath. Those with asthma and other similar conditions will find it even harder to breath with ozone present.

Long-term exposure to the gas can induce permanent damage including a decrease in lung function and a weakened defense against respiratory infection. The main way to avoid ozone exposure is by removing the devices that can generate it, such as copy machines and air cleaners.


Radon

Radon is a colorless and odorless substance that is released from uranium. It can cause serious medical problems if you are exposed to it in any way. Homes in Michigan have the most problems with radon. Currently, it is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. It is vital that your home is tested for radon so serious symptoms don’t set in, as it takes a while for these symptoms to be detected.

The main symptoms include severe shortness of breath, coughing, and coughing up blood. Others include fatigue, weight loss, anemia, dizziness, muscle weakness, and unexplained rashes. Radon test kits can be purchased online, by mail order, in hardware stores, or retail stores.

Advertisements