Currently abandoned, the White House was formerly used as a hospital, hotel, and day-care center. Now, it houses the spirit of a woman in white, whom witnesses believe to be the woman who owned the day-care. In 1988, the building was damaged by fire, and it is now deserted.
Constructed in 1903, the historic Royal Hotel served miners, railroad and timber crews, travelers, and ranchers on the Wolcott Stage line. It served a number of other purposes while in operation, including the Yampa Leader newspaper’s headquarters, a hospital during 1919’s flu epidemic when the local hospital could not accommodate the number of patients afflicted, a boarding house for school children during the winter months, a school gymnasium, a drug store, a post office, a family dining room, a general store, an upholstery store, and apartments.