The Lighthouse Inn in New London, Connecticut is said to be haunted by a bride who met her untimely end in 1930 when she took a fall down the main staircase, breaking her neck. Reported activity includes being touched by an unseen entity and drops in temperature.
Mill Creek is haunted by the spirit of a young man named Anthony Garcia. One day, he was out walking his dogs, and one of them turned on him. Dragging him in the water by the neck, Anthony screamed out the name of his lover, David, shortly before he died. Now, his ghost has been known to yell out the name “David” along the creek.
Oakglen Road was home to an elderly woman whom locals deemed a witch. She was believed to have put a curse on the area; many believed that the cause of a tragic accident leading to the death of a group of teenagers was the curse. Now, it is said that if you park your car on the road, the ghosts of the kids will push it up the hill (some skeptics believe this to be an illusion). The stairs to the woman’s house can still be seen.
Pendleton Road is haunted by the “Red Lady”. During the 1950s, she was killed in a car accident. The story goes that she had crawled out of her vehicle to find help. Police later found her dead body half a mile away from the crash.
Wildwood Highlands in Yucaipa, California is an enormous mansion where four sisters lived. Fredrico, the pool boy, became extremely jealous when the oldest sister began dating the gardener, Pedro. One night, he snapped and decided to stab each of the four sisters. He then proceeded to throw them from the top bedroom window into pool located below.
The Turner and Stevens Mortuary is haunted by the spirits of a mean elderly woman, the little boy she is after, and the man protecting the boy. Activity includes slamming doors, books flying across rooms, and disembodied footsteps. Sometimes, when people walk by the mirrors in the hallway, the apparition of the woman or the man appear in the reflection, only to disappear.
The Haunted Mansion in Disneyland is haunted by more than the 999 ghosts it is said to have. The ride holds the world record for the most visited dark ride. It took seven years to finish the ride: beginning in 1962, halted in 1966 because of Walt Disney’s death, and opening in 1969. Rumor had it that the ride was being re-designed because it was so scary that it caused a man to have a heart attack; it is unknown if it is true or not.
Houston Lake is haunted by unknown spirits. The beach gives off the sensation of being watched.
The authorization for the Eastern State Institution for the Feeble Minded and Epileptic was approved by the Pennsylvania Legislature in 1903. A commission for figuring the numbers of “insane” residents of the state was founded; they discovered that there were 1,146 “feeble-minded” citizens in mental hospitals, and another 2,627 in almshouses, county-care hospitals, reformatories, and prisons.
Sanders Valley was the site of a barn belonging to a family during the Civil War. While the war was going on, a group of Union soldiers killed the family living on the farm because they were southern sympathizers. The story goes that the women and children were cast into the old cistern, the father was dragged around the valley to death, and the slave was hung in the barn. Now, on nights with full moons, the apparition of the slave can be seen swinging from the rafters. Children can be heard laughing.
Grace Hall was built in 1857 by Henry Ware as an antebellum mansion in neoclassicism and Victorian style. During the Civil War, much of the city of Selma was damaged or destroyed, but many of the architecturally buildings were left intact (including Grace Hall and Sturdivant Hall). Currently, Grace Hall is owned by Coy and Joey Dillon, and it is operated as a bed and breakfast. It is open for tours, parties, business meetings, and assorted social events.
Around the turn of the century, Adolph’s Restaurant was the site of a murder that caused its paranormal activity. Many of the restaurants employees complain about the apparitions that make their appearance at Adolph’s; however, owners refuse to accept the claims as true, even despite all of the encounters. Today, the building is a Chinese restaurant called Fuji Restaurant.