The Sacramento City Library (also known as Central Branch) was built in 1918 based on designs by Loring P. Rixford. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 30th, 1992. The library is haunted by an unseen entity. In the Sacramento Room, the sound of shelving moving, books being pulled out, and rustling Mylar have been heard coming from no apparent source. Books have also been known to disappear and reappear from the shelves. The glass doors close by themselves.
- Haunted Places. “Sacramento City Library,” www.HauntedPlaces.org
- Wikipedia. “Sacramento City Library,” www.Wikipedia.org
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
Help Support Ghostly World
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!