STATUS: Still standing
Bethany Beach is haunted by a ragged-looking military spirit in tattered clothing that roams along a stretch of the shore. Though uncertain, it is believed that the ghost is Eddie “Fast Eddie” Rickenbacker (b. October 8th, 1890), an Air Force/Army hero from World War I who died of pneumonia in Switzerland on July 23rd, 1973.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
This haunted location was featured in Ghostly World’s America’s Most Haunted: Delaware, which is available on Amazon Kindle for just $2.99! You can pick up your eBook copy here.
- America’s Most Haunted: Delaware by Ghostly World
- Haunted Places: The National Directory by Dennis William Hauck
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
HELP SUPPORT GHOSTLY WORLD
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!