OPERATION TIME: Unknown to present
Originally built as a railroad from Cordova to the Kennicott copper mine, the old copper railroad is now closed and covered with dirt. However, they are now used as a road to access the back of the Copper River.
Apparitions of gravestones have been seen along the dirt road in the woods, only to have them disappear on a second investigation. Between 1997 and 1998, construction on government housing began; the operation was cancelled due to the fact the construction workers kept hearing voices and the sound of children laughing, as well as having their tools moved around by an unseen entity.
- Forgotten USA. “Chitina – Old Copper Railroad,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- The Shadowlands. “Alaska,” www.TheShadowlands.net
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
Help Support Ghostly World
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!