The Third Bridge is said to have been the site of a massacre of Native Americans that resulted in several deaths. Because of this, the sound of war drums can be heard growing louder and louder as visitors sit on the bridge. Another apparition said to appear along the bridge is a ghost horse rider, who rides on the bridge.
In June 1997, a group of fifteen teenagers and one pre-teen spread between two cars decided to see the paranormal activity at the bridge for themselves. The first vehicle lost control at the top of the hill and crashed into the guardrail. After witnessing the accident, the driver of the second car made a desperate attempt to break but instead hit the gas pedal. They were forced into a tree, smashing the vehicle. The aftermath of the accident left two teens dead and the driver of the first car with permanent crippling injuries.
Third Bridge is haunted by both the dead teenagers and Native American victims.
- Forgotten USA. “Third Bridge 2,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Paranormal Stories Colorado. “Third Bridge Ghost Bridge,” www.ParanormalStoriesColorado.com
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
Help Support Ghostly World
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!