OPERATION TIME: Unknown to present
Fort Dodge is currently used as a retirement home for veterans. One building at the fort is the home of many spirits who are assumed to be soldiers.
There is an old barn located at the edge of Fort Dodge that is haunted by unknown spirits. At 3:30 AM every morning, lights mysteriously turn on by themselves and doors at the top of the barn open with no apparent cause. An angry spirit has been known to throw hay at visitors to the barn. One time, this happened to a security guard, and he discovered that this occurrence happened frequently to the farmers who would milk the cows.
- Forgotten USA. “Fort Dodge,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Forgotten USA. “Ft Dodge – Barn,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
HELP SUPPORT GHOSTLY WORLD
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!