OPERATION TIME: Unknown to present
Fort St. Simons is haunted by a ghost capable of speaking Cherokee, German, Latin, and Spanish named Dr. Christian Priber, the self-proclaimed prime minister of the Republic of Paradise. When he arrived on America’s East Coast in 1736, he joined a tribe of Cherokee Native Americans. Eventually, he demanded that all of America’s colonists leave. Priber was arrested for insurgency in 1743, and was sent to Fort St. Simons for imprisonment. He died there years later. Now, his ghost lingers around, talking in several different tongues.
- Forgotten USA. “Boothbay Opera House,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Strange Maine. “Haunted Boothbay Opera House,” www.StrangeMaine.Blogspot.com
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
HELP SUPPORT GHOSTLY WORLD
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!