BUILT: 1941 (finished 1947)
OPERATION TIME: 1947 to present
The 4th Avenue Theater’s construction began in 1941 but was not completed until 1947 due to a halt during the course of World War II. Once finished, it was a 960-seat, first-run theater up until the 1980s. It has been used as a banquet facility and a meeting space over the years.
Today, the theater harbors the spirit of a woman. Her apparition has been spotted in the long mirrors that are hung between the men’s and women’s restrooms. The cause of the haunting is unknown.
- Forgotten USA. “Anchorage – Old Theater,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Wikipedia. “4th Avenue Theater,” www.Wikipedia.org
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
HELP SUPPORT GHOSTLY WORLD
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!