STATUS: Still standing
Catman’s Graveyard is located at the end of a dirt road in Frankford, Delaware. It appears to be guarded by the ghost of the “Catman”, whose real identity is unknown, if it even existed at all. Legend has it that the man, while alive, had very cat-like features that earned him his nickname, and he is said to have been the graveyard’s caretaker. Whenever teenagers came to party in the cemetery, he would scare them off. After he died, he was put in an above-ground casket located in the middle of the graveyard.
Most of the graves are from the 1800s, but some of them were buried in 1918. For whatever reason, two graves in the back face a different direction than all of the other graves. It is believed that Catman still watches over the cemetery from beyond the grave. Rumor has it that if you drive down the road and go behind the graveyard, there is a brick wall that if you knock on it three times, the Catman comes out and starts to attack your car, and it refuses to start up.
- Forgotten USA. “Catman’s Grave Yard,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Paranormal Stories. “Catman’s Grave,” www.ParanormalStories.blogspot.com
- Strange USA. “View Locations,” www.StrangeUSA.com
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
HELP SUPPORT GHOSTLY WORLD
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!