BUILT: 1800s or 1900s
OPERATION TIME: Unknown to Present
Prior to its use as a gymnasium, the Bessie Gym was used as a morgue during the 19th or early 20th century. During that time, horses were often kept in the stable that now serves as the basement.
The Bessie Gym is haunted by the elderly caretaker, whose brown-bearded apparition has been seen wearing a long black trench coat and a top hat. When visitors approach him, he vanishes. Cold spots have been felt throughout the building. Phantom hooves can be heard pounding into the ground.
- Forgotten USA. “Bessie Gym,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Haunted Places. “Old Bessie Gym,” www.HauntedPlaces.org
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
HELP SUPPORT GHOSTLY WORLD
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!