The Bayview Bridge, which connects between Mulga and Bayview, Alabama, is haunted by the spirit of a woman in a wedding dress. The reason for her haunting is uncertain; there are three urban legends surrounding her presence at the bridge.
In one version, the young woman fled from her wedding, driving down the Bayview Bridge, where she accidentally drove over the side. In another, the soon-to-be bride was going to pick up her wedding dress, which had been made by a woman in Bayview. On her way home from picking it up, she was attacked and killed by a pack of wild dogs.
The third version suggests that the woman and her baby were knocked into the water below the bridge by a passing truck. The two drowned. Witnesses have reported seeing her pacing back and forth across the bridge in search of her baby.
- Forgotten USA. “Bayview Bridge,” www.ForgottenUSA.com
- Strange USA. “Bayview Bridge,” www.StrangeUSA.com
- Have a personal experience here? Tell us about it!
- Have more information about this haunt? Send it to us here!
- Have an image you want to submit? Let us know!
HELP SUPPORT GHOSTLY WORLD
For just $1.00 (or more), you can help us keep Ghostly World operating. Your support allows us to provide our content online for readers across the world. Thank you for helping Ghostly World!